What is the FA Charter Standard Club Programme and why should my club get involved?
The FA Charter Standard Scheme is a core component of The FA Football Development programme. The scheme establishes minimum standards for football development and acts as a quality assurance mechanism recognising well run clubs.
In summary the FA Charter Standard rewards organisations who demonstrate a commitment to raising standards in the following areas:
All grassroots clubs up to non-league level can apply. There are four categories of Charter Standard available:
Charter Standard Club/Adult Club, Development Club and Community Club.
Benefits of FA Charter Standard:
- FA Plaque & Certificate
- FREE Nike Footballs
- Use of FA Crest/Logo
- Access to funding through the Football Foundation and other funding agencies
- FREE Tickets to England International Youth/Women/U21's Matches
- Clubs newsletters, e-zines
- Subsidised & FREE Coach Education Courses through Lancashire FA
- FREE In-Service CPD Training Days for Coaches
- FREE FA Legal Helpline
- FREE FA Coach Licences
- FREE FA Safeguarding Online renewal credits
- Nominate your club and volunteers for National, Regional and County Awards through The FA Community Awards
- Invitation to the annual Lancashire FA Mini-Soccer Festival
- Presentation of Award at a professional game (where applicable)
If your club would like to apply for the award, please contact the Lancashire FA development department on 01772 624000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Health Checks
To support clubs in maintaining the standards of The FA Charter Standard programme, an Annual Health Check process has been introduced for all FA Charter Standard Clubs.
The annual health check process will:
• Tracking the validity of their voluntary workforce in relation to coach education and welfare.
• Identifying their workforce / coach education requirements for the season
The health check form presents information held on your club and the volunteers within the club together with asking questions how the club adheres to The FA Charter Standard criteria.
The information gathered year on year will be maintained to help build a greater picture of the volunteer structure at your club so we know what further support you need.
Please download the guidance booklet below for further information on the annual health check process or email email@example.com