Course Aims & Objectives
This course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of the mentor, to develop the interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool. It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment.
- To understand the role of the mentor and principles of effective Mentoring.
- To understand and appreciate the required interpersonal skills of the mentor.
- To explore strategies for mentoring.
- To demonstrate the ability to use core mentoring interpersonal skills (observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning, critical reflection).
- To understand mentoring assessment, feedback and goal setting processes.
- To consider the importance of reflection as a tool for learning.
- To explore CPD and reflective Action Planning opportunities for Mentors to consider their future development
Candidates must be at least 16 years of age
Period of Registration
2 x 3 hour sessions