Futsal is one of the country’s growing sports, and Following a Successful Futsal Scoping Event with Micheal Skubala, England Head Coach back in November, Lancashire FA are thrilled to introduce a Futsal Steering Group to drive our agenda forward – and we’re looking for members to join!
This new initiative will look at how we can get a strategy off the ground to drive participation in Futsal across Lancashire. There are currently just three leagues within the region.
We are proposing the following four factors:
- - An overarching steering group to drive Futsal forwards across Lancashire – this will be a strategic group looking at how we can ensure coverage across the County and ensure that quality Futsal is being delivered. We’ll be looking at using a VMOST strategy to drive this forward – VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVES, STRATEGIES & TACTICS to ensure the group is targeted and strategic.
- - Three sub-groups feeding into the steering group: These three sub-groups will focus on three of the five key objectives of the National Futsal Strategy.
- - Drive Participation
- KEY EMPHASIS ON: Schools, Grassroots Clubs, HE/FE Hubs, Private Sector & Facilities
- Competitions and Player Pathways
- KEY EMPHASIS ON: Youth Leagues, Competitions, National Leagues, High Impact Showcase Competition & Women and Girls Futsal
- KEY EMPHASIS ON: L1 & L2 Futsal Courses, Referees & Schools
- Members of the sub-groups will each have a Terms Of Reference and feed into the steering group
- - Willingness of individuals to lead, chair and steer the steering group & sub-groups – we’ll be looking for volunteers!
If you feel you have ANYTHING to offer to Futsal in Lancashire then this is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to be part of shaping how Futsal looks across the county.
For more information, or to register your interest in either the steering group or sub group, please email Iain Mackie.
Expressions of interest have until the end of January 2019 to get back to Iain. Additional members can, of course be co-opted in at any point given the ever growing popularity of Futsal in Lancashire.