Registration is now open for the 2019 Lancashire FA Youth Futsal Cup.
This is a great opportunity to try Futsal in a competitive environment and provides a route into The FA Youth National Futsal Cup.
For those not familiar with the format, Futsal is a five-a-side game, normally played on a flat indoor pitch with hockey sized goals and a ball with a reduced bounce. Futsal by its nature places a large emphasis on technical ability in situations of high pressure, and proves an excellent tool for players to develop their technique.
How does it work?
The Lancashire FA Youth Futsal Cup is open to boys aged nine to 16 years of age and it costs just £30 per team to enter. This season we will be running separate competitions for boys for the following age groups. This competition is open to Lancashire FA affiliated Futsal teams. If you need advice on how to create an affiliated Futsal teams, please contact the Lancashire FA.
Please note there will only be spaces for six teams per age group and will be selected on a first come, first served basis. If we don’t receive a minimum of three teams per age group, we won’t be running a competition at that age group.
• U10 (U9 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/08 to 31/08/10)
• U12 (U11 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/06 to 31/08/08)
• U14 (U13 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/04 to 31/08/06)
• U16 (U15 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/02 to 31/08/04)
The selection criteria for the Lancashire FA Youth Futsal Cup 2019 are as follows:
1. LFA affiliated as a specific Youth Futsal Team
2. LFA affiliated Charter Standard Club
3. LFA affiliated Club Winners of the LFA Youth Futsal Cup will have the opportunity to represent the county and play in a national competition where they could end up facing some of the top sides in the country in this exciting, fast-paced game, played across the world and officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA.
Don’t miss out - register your team today
If your club is interested in the LFA Youth Futsal Cup 2019, please complete and return the entry form by Friday 1 February.
If you have any further queries, please email Iain Mackie.