Course Aims & Objectives
- Coach basic individual goalkeeping techniques.
- Understand how to develop and improve the goalkeepers’ techniques.
- Plan and prepare progressive “Technical” and “Skill” practices.
- Maintain the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintain high standards of conduct to promote Association Football.
The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following elements:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual goalkeeping techniques and skills including footwork, general handling techniques, shot stopping, dealing with crosses, and goalkeeper distribution and communication
- Understanding how to develop and improve Goalkeeping skills/techniques
- Planning and preparing progressive skill/technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Role of the Goalkeeper Coach, the development of young goalkeepers and a consideration of growth and development.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).
1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 20 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 24 month period from registration