Walking Football, a slow-paced version of the beautiful game aimed at the over 55s, has arrived in Lancashire with venues popping up all over the County.
Walking Football is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle despite their age, as well as getting those back playing football who had to stop due to injuries.
Guidelines for Sessions:
• Players are not permitted to jog or run while the ball is in play
• Anyone doing so is penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team
• If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities)
• It can be played indoors or outdoors
• Numbers per team are dependent on the number of participants at each session
• No pitch size/surface constraints - dependent on venue
• Sessions on average will last one hour with short breaks throughout game
• If you have concerns about your medical health please contact your doctor and seek advice before participating
As the name suggests, Walking Football is non-contact and anyone that sprints, runs or jogs while the ball is in play will be penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team.
The game is played on a pitch 20/40 yards in length and 15/30 yards in width with a size 4 Futsal, with the game restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in. Plenty of breaks for stretching and water occur and a full medical screening process is advised.
Your nearest Walking Football Centre can be found here
If you are setting up a centre and would like us to help advertise please contact Andrew Whitaker or ring 01772 624000.