POSITION: Sports & Pupil Support Apprentice (x 2)
Employer: St Augustine’s or St Gregory’s Catholic Primary Schools, Preston
Learning Provider: Lancashire FA
Interview: Monday 19th March
Application Deadline: Wednesday 28th February
The children, staff and governing bodies of St Augustine’s and St Gregory’s Catholic Primary Schools, in partnership with Lancashire FA, are looking to appoint two skilled, enthusiastic and highly-motivated apprentices who will be role models for our children.
You will be involved in a range of activities including:
- Supporting the delivery of PE lessons across all age groups ie 4 - 11 years.
- Running lunchtime and after school sports clubs.
- Supporting children to reach their potential in Maths and English.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Coaching qualifications are desirable but are not essential; however, candidates should detail any coaching experience in their application.
Applicants should be:
- Passionate about sport and developing children’s skills in physical education and approaches to active lifestyles.
- Interested in child development and education.
- A positive role model for our children and inspire them to be the best they can be.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills.
- Willing to be involved in whole school life.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Training will include:
- NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 2 in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 Award in First Aid for Sport
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths/English (If Required)
- 1st 4sport Level One Award in Coaching Football
- Level 1 in Principles of Coaching
- FA CRC disclosure
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 3 in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths/English (If Required)
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
This will be a fixed term contract in the first instance from 16 April 2018 - 31 March 2019.
The successful applicant will require DBS clearance.
Pay rate – Year 1: £3.50 per hour
Pay rate – Year 2: £4.05 - £7.50 (dependent on age)
For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.