This means trying to ensure that all types and levels of competitive football take place under an overarching set of Laws, Rules and Standards that provide for the integrity of the game, the safety and enjoyment of all players and officials.For this to take place it is necessary that competition organisers affiliate their competitions or tournaments with The FA or local County Football Association.
The benefits of affiliation are as follows:
- Recognition from the players that the competition is taking place under the auspices of the National Governing Body for Football. This will assist in the promotion and recruitment of Teams and Officials.
- If the competition is affiliated to the FA or County Football Association it will be subject to the FA’s Disciplinary processes. These will provide an additional safeguard to players and officials.
- Access to FA Qualified Referees. FA Qualified Referees are only permitted to officiate in affiliated football and any insurance they carry is not applicable in unaffiliated competitions.
- Access to achieve the FA Small Sided Referees Qualification for a discounted rate
- Access to The FA Small Sided Football Fund and Small Sided Football Accreditation Scheme, along with support from Lancashire FA (dependent on FA fund availability)
- Affiliated competitions have the opportunity to post their results on ‘Full Time’ at FA.com, the Football Association’s official website.
For further information on affiliating a Small Sided Leagues contact Iain Kay or phone 01772 62400.