Vacancy: Sports & Pupil Support Apprentice
POSITION: Sports & Pupil Support Apprentice
Employer: The Blessed Sacrament RC Primary School
Learning Provider: Lancashire FA
Application Deadline: Friday 29th June at 12 noon
The children, staff and governing bodies of The Blessed Sacrament RC Primary Schools, in partnership with Lancashire FA, are looking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic and highly-motivated apprentices who will be role models for our children.
Are you aged 18-20? This could be the role for you.
You will be involved in a range of activities in school including:
- Supporting the delivery of PE lessons across all age groups of children.
- Running lunchtime and after school sports clubs.
- Supporting children to reach their potential in Maths and English.
You will have support from a mentor in school and benefit from working with a fabulous team.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Applicants should be:
- Eager to promote the Catholic life of the school.
- Passionate about sport and developing children’s skills in physical education and approaches to active lifestyles.
- A positive role model for our children and inspire them to be the best they can be.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills.
- Willing to be involved in whole school life.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Training will include:
- NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 2 in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths/English (If Required)
- 1st 4sport Level One Award in Coaching Football
- 1st 4sport Level 1 in The Principles of Coaching
- FA CRC disclosure
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 3 in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths/English (If Required)
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
This will be a fixed term contract in the first instance from 1 September 2018 - 31 August 2020, working 23 hours per week.
The successful applicant will require DBS clearance.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com for further details and an application form.