Lancashire FA will be celebrating those people, clubs and leagues who make a positive difference across our communities.
This is our chance to celebrate work that goes into the grassroots game – and say a big thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire us to make the football better For All.
Nominate your Grassroots hero now!
Nominations are open from 5 April until 10 May 2019. Anyone can make a nomination. Individuals should be nominated by someone else (not themselves), while anyone can nominate their own club and/or league.
The awards are split into 10 categories:
- Grassroots Coach of the Year
- Grassroots Supporter of the Year
- Grounds Team of the Year
- Grassroots Club of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- We Only Do Positive Respect
- Grassroots Project of the Year
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year
- Grassroots League of the Year
Winners of the 2018 Grassroots Football Awards
- Coach of the Year: Faisal Member
- Community Project of the Year: Skelmersdale Athletic
- Charter Standard Club of the Year: Sir Tom Finney Preston Soccer Centre and Football Club
- Charter Standard League of the Year: Central Lancashire Junior Football League
- Grounds Team of the Year: Mark Bolton, Brinscall Village
- Match Official of the Year: Dave Boston
- The Respect Award: Chris Morton, Fleetwood Town Juniors
- Supporter of the Year: No nomination
- Volunteer of the Year: Darryl Cartwright
- Youth Volunteer of the Year: Georgia Hinde
The categories for this year’s awards are chosen to reflect the diversity of our football communities and the positive impact of football.
The FA’s Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determined, and Excellent, values and behaviours are the backbone of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football
Awards. We’re looking for people who make these values part of clubs, leagues and local communities.
When making a nomination think about how you can evidence the difference and impact on those around them.
nominate your grassroots hero now!