We are pleased to offer a unique opportunity to join our Board of Directors and make a real impact at Lancashire Football Association.
The LFA is the governing body for football in Lancashire. We are responsible for leading and serving the game at amateur level, a sector widely referred to as “Grassroots” football. We aim to ensure the long-term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all backgrounds and abilities.
Lancashire Football Association Limited is a non-for-profit organisation, generating an annual turnover, primarily through grant funding, membership related income and commercial revenue. By developing innovative programmes and cultivating opportunities in alignment with The FA, the Lancashire Football Association delivers the FA National Game Strategy across the County. Any surplus funds are reinvested back into the game to support participation, raise the number and quality of coaches, improve local facilities, regulate and support the running of the game at every level, organise inspiring competitions and operate the County Headquarters in Leyland. All with the overarching purpose of developing the game for everyone.
We are responsible for providing the structure and support that enables our players, coaches, volunteers and referees to develop. Our utmost priority is that every participant in our County is given the opportunity to develop in a progressive, enjoyable and safe environment.
The role of the Financial Director:
- To control and manage all aspects of the financial operations of Lancashire FA
- To develop the business activities of Lancashire FA so that it becomes less reliant on FA / Government funding whilst balancing the financial requirements with the needs of the stakeholders.
- Lead the development of a trust to support the development of facilities across the Lancashire County.
- In conjunction with the Lancashire FA Board and Executive team, develop and execute the strategic plan
- Provide independent and expert advice to support both the Board and Executive team in optimizing finical performance;
- Commit to up to 20 voluntary days per annum to attend LFA Board and other relevant meetings
- To maintain an effective Management and Financial Accounting System for Lancashire FA.
We are seeking a new forward thinking Financial Director with the following expertise and background to help our business reach its full potential. Applications will be accepted from anyone who is currently involved at one of the Associations Full Member Leagues or Clubs or from the wider northwest business community and have relevant experience in the either following;
Key selection criteria:
- CIMA ACCA or FCIM qualified
- Experience of being responsible for the financial management and control at a senior level within an organisation
- A proven business leader, with experience as an Executive or Non-Executive on a Board;
- The intellect and natural curiosity to contribute widely to discussion, drawing on experience that will be credible to a variety of stakeholders;
- A progressive thinker who can use their skill and experience to foster a culture that respects diversity and is inclusive;
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills combined with the determination and resilience to get the job done.
Please note that this role is voluntary, however, successful Board Members will be paid reasonable expenses for their efforts and contribution to football in Lancashire
How to get involved?
If you are interested in the above voluntary role, this is a real opportunity for someone to use their experience and expertise to the benefit of the Lancashire Football Association and make a real impact on the grassroots game.
For an informal conversation about any of the above roles, please email Simon Gerrard, Chief Executive Officer, via email@example.com.
Those interested are asked to apply on or before Thursday 27th June 2019
Chief Executive Officer
Lancashire FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.