Could you help support young referees?
The Lancashire FA Referee Mentor Scheme aims to ensure everyone who has recently completed the FA Referee Course is supported in the best possible way.
We want all new referees to enjoy the start of their refereeing careers by having a mentor to support them on four occasions during the first three months.
The Referee Mentor Scheme will split the county in to five areas:
Each area will have a Mentor Coordinator who will appoint mentors to games in their area.
- We expect our Mentors to be available at least once a month, on either a Saturday or Sunday.
- For each game, a short Mentor report will be completed and sent in to Lancashire FA's Referees Department.
- Mentors will require an in-date, FA accepted CRC.
- Mentor training sessions will be held at the County Ground, Lancashire FA HQ. Details of these sessions will be included here when arranged.
- We require five Mentor Coordinators to cover the areas above.
- Mentor Coordinators will be responsible for assigning Mentors to games, and ensuring that each new referee gets four visits by a Mentor in their first three months as a referee.
- Mentor Coordinators will be required to attend the Call Back/Next Steps event after each FA Referee Course held at Lancashire FA, and to visit each FA Referee Course within their area. This will give each new referee the opportunity to meet their Mentor Coordinator and exchange details to help them as they start out as a referee.